Thursday, February 5, 2009

Poster of the Weak: Jungleshark

Apparently jungleshark has been around since June of last year, but never left an impression until this past week. Here at BLS, we don't tolerate homophobia. And that's what jungleshark is- a homophobe. He managed to get the "Top Conservative Law Schools" thread locked; he was always up for debating the ideals of libertarianism, but never once responded to the multiple accusations of hating gay people, which led me to believe he does. All he managed was "I don't believe I said that," as opposed to something akin to "that's untrue." People don't tend to play coy when accused of being hateful bastards. My favorite of the jungleshark posts is as follows:


I think one indicator of a law school being liberal is whether the application asks if you are homosexual. Applications to Penn and Cornell ask you if you're homosexual or if you're transgendered. I applied to Penn because it's well-regarded, but I'm hoping I get into a well-regarded school that's not quite as liberal. Also browse through the viewbook and see what the students & faculty look like (how they're dressed, etc...). I looked at UCLA's viewbook and I also looked at Vanderbilt's viewbook and there is a big difference. Vanderbilt looks more conservative. UCLA has an institute on sexual orientation; that is a sign of it being liberal. Also, notice that Texas's non-discrimination policy does not include "sexual orientation;" that may be a good sign if you're conservative. Penn's non-discrimination policy, on the other hand, not only includes sexual orientation, but even "gender identity." Penn is apparently way ahead of the game in terms of being liberal. I think Penn also tried to get military recruiters banned from campus because the army doesn't permit open professions of homosexuality.

Vom. (And yes, I do look down on those who claim to follow "traditional Christian values" and then use said values as justification to hate.)

FWIW, jungleshark might not be that enlightened in other areas, as well. While we here at BLS greatly support the LSAT retake, when you do so three times and two of the scores are fairly close while one is not, I tend to see the outlier as just that: an aberrational outlier. Jungleshark sports a 3.629/156/160/175. Now which of those three LSAT scores do you think is most representative? I'm going with the middle. Jungleshark also "resigned" his job as teacher because he was "not getting admistrative support." A homophobe and a quitter? Enough to make jungleshark your Poster of the Weak.

Oh, and I almost forgot: feel free to email any comments you might have concerning jungleshark to bloodhound18@yahoo.com. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment